I have been thinking a lot lately about the fact that how I approach my work can actually be more important the work that I am doing. I need to be focused as a leader on how I approach my work and the people I work with.
There are some traits that I am noticing are vital in the approach that creative leaders I admire. Here is a list I have made:
- Not Satisfied With Cut & Paste Solutions
- Filled With Grace
- Willing To Challenge the Status Quo
- Audaciously Curious
- Am I Praying As Much As I Am Trying To Strategize?
- Relentless With Question Asking
- They Understand Vision, Connection, and Innovation
- Strive For Great not Good
- Embrace Change
- Take Risks
- Never Stop Learning
- Trust Intuition
- Respect Data
- Respect Others
- Respect Push Back
- Understand the importance of collaboration
- Willing To Be Wrong But Not Willing To Give Up
- Desire To Make Others Not Just Things Better
- Never Satisfied. Ever.
- Approach Life With Hustle
- Always Wondering What Could Be Next
I want to be able to read this list and say “YES! Thats Me.” To often I would have to be honest and say there is a lot of room for me to improve in all of these areas. But that is why we are here…we are on a journey…What would you add to this list? What do you think is important in the approach of a creative leader?