Creativity is more muscle then magic. When I want to get healthy physically I have to commit to doing the things necessary to make the changes I want to see. Every single day as artists we are confronted with that very scary blank canvases that tries to paralyze us. What if we made a #CreativeCommitment to doing our best work?
Together, we will commit to:
- Not allow our emotions to be our only driving force.
- Finish as well as we start.
- Hear compliments at the same volume we hear critiques.
- Have no excuses.
- Own our faults and our successes.
- Think creatively.
- Remember that our value is not found in how people respond to our work.
- Be intentional to refuel ourselves.
- Not be intimidated by others, but rather strive to make others better.
- Choose great over good.
- Create art that connects as much as it inspires.
- Trust more than comfort.
- Lead our teams to greatness.
- Refuse to be satisfied.
- Stay alert.
- Be committed to vision, not projects.
- Get back up…again…and again.
- Fight to beat the status quo.
- Fight to beat our fears.
- Fight to beat other’s fears that keep us from doing our best work.
When we make this commitment together, we can hold each other accountable.
What would you add to this list? Will you commit with me? #CreativeCommitment