Here is the 8th most popular post of 2012!
Leadership is intangible, and therefore no weapon ever designed can replace it. – Omar N. Bradley
Here are a few traits I have learned working for and with some amazing leaders. (with the obvious Christian focus removed):
1. Set the tone and set it with passion and audacity.
2. Avoid drama and create peace.
3. Think positive, but realistic.
4. Lead by serving.
5. Act as much as they talk.
6. Ensure that their words and actions align; own and correct it when they don’t.
8. Know they don’t have all the answers all the time.
9. Ask questions more than you make statements.
10. Trust their team to do their jobs.
11. Set and articulate expectations.
12. Insist on results.
13. Delegate. Then, delegate more.
14. Give others credit.
15. Listen. Listen. Listen. Then respond.
16. Have compassion, but don’t be fooled.
17. Respond instead of react.
18. Hire talented, young, future leaders and trust them even when they fail…and never stop investing in them.
19. Know their idea is not always the best idea.
20. Never stop learning.
What are traits you look for in a leader? What traits are you attempting to model?