We love the innovators. Steve Jobs, Michael Jordan, Walt Disney, Dr. King. People who come in and disturb the status quo. Most of us like being in a echo system that would be described as innovative.
Innovation is about introducing something new. A new idea, a new product, or a new way of doing something. Innovation is more than just change it is change that moves things forward! Do you have what it takes to be innovative? My guess is that you do. Maybe you don’t consider yourself a change agent or a creative leader…thats ok there is still hope for you to innovate in your space.
Innovation starts with curiosity and the willingness to move ideas into actions. Can you find yourself anywhere in this list?
- You fear the status quo?
- Repeating things, even successful things, scare you?
- Maybe you come up with great ideas in the car, or the shower, or when you are falling asleep/waking up.
- You’re not worried about failing
- You connect things that don’t naturally connect.
- You are willing to take risks.
- People think you are crazy sometimes.
- You are desperate to be inspired.
- Others get inspired by talking to you.
- You see opportunity when everyone else sees problems.
- You take notes.
- You are flexible to change.
- You can be satisfied by never content.
- You want to attack Mondays.
- You want to create in community.
- You have a vision.
- You refuse to even say the words “no”, “can’t”, or “quit”.
Ok..did you find yourself in that list? Then LETS GO! That is your permission. That is God’s wiring for you. That is the secret sauce that makes you special. Your organization needs you to embrace and attack this part of your personality…even if they don’t know it yet. Be brave and jump…what you do next is important!