Have you heard of Peter Diamandis? Peter is a graduate of MIT AND Harvard who now started the first private space flight organization taking civilians to the international space station, before Elon Musk. One of the most exciting things about Peter is his creation of “Peter’s Laws” – laws on his approach to life and problems. I think that some of them may be inspiring to you today.
If you are anything like me there are seasons where we feel a little stale. Maybe we get stuck and feel a little run down from time to time. I believe if we took Peter’s Laws and turned them into questions we can use them as needed to be our creative or leadership pick me up! Ready?
- If there were NO RULES what would you start today? Why can’t you start that today?
- What can we do that is audacious? Something we’ve not done before that will stretch us? Something so unusual that we could fail in our attempts to make it happen!
- What is something that’s new and is working, even if not in your industry, that you should adapt to your work and start doing now?
- How do you work around being told NO? When not given the green light, how can you bring this idea to life without disrespecting leadership?
- If there were no fear of criticism, what would you start today?
- Have you done something TODAY to move your most significant idea or priority forward?
- How can you break the norm? What is something you can do today that will turn typical on its end?
- If you were made the boss today, what would you change?
- What should you have stopped doing six months ago and what should you have started doing in the last six months?
- Can you do something today that brings so much attention to your organization or project and create momentum?
OK! Go time. Let’s do something awesome today!